Jewish Cemetery Kittsee
The Jewish community had existed in Kittsee since 1670. Kittsee was one of the so-called Seven Communities under the protection of the Esterházy princes. The cemetery directly adjoins the granary of the Old Kittsee Castle. There are approx. 230 headstones, mainly made of Mühlendorf sandstone. The cemetery is kept locked, the keys are available from the local municipal office. Guided tours are organized by the municipality on request.
5588/2002, protected monument
Area in m²
Jewish Community Vienna
The owner of this cemetery has not filed an application to receive a subsidy from the Fund for the Restoration of the Jewish Cemeteries in Austria.