Jewish Cemetery Stadtschlaining alt
In 1780 the Jewish community purchased a garden in today’s Basteigasse in order to establish this cemetery. It was in use until 1883. During the Nazi period it was desecrated and the gravestones were sold. After 1945 the grounds passed into private ownership. They are not accessible to the public. In 2002, a memorial was erected on the surviving cemetery wall. A much older cemetery once existed to the east of the town. So far, however, no traces of it have been found.
Vorstadtgasse 7 (im Hinterhof), 7461 Stadtschlaining, Burgenland |
show on map
Area in m²
The owner of this cemetery has not filed an application to receive a subsidy from the Fund for the Restoration of the Jewish Cemeteries in Austria.