Jewish Cemetery Judenburg
Following the expulsions that took place in the 15th century, Jewish families again began to settle in Judenburg from the mid-19th century. In 1873, they established their own cemetery. This was built to the northeast of Judenburg, in the once unspoiled village of Hetzendorf, which today forms part of the municipality of Fohnsdorf. The cemetery was ransacked in 1942 and the gravestones partly destroyed. A number of burials took place at the cemetery after 1945, but it is not accessible to the public today.
Hetzendorf, Bundesstraße neben Hausnummer 9, 9a, 8750 Judenburg, Styria | show on map
KG 65012, EZ 17, GSt 138/5, TZ 1121/2009, protected monument
KG 65012, EZ 17, GSt 138/6, TZ 1121/2009, protected monument
Area in m²
Jewish Community Vienna
The owner of this cemetery has not filed an application to receive a subsidy from the Fund for the Restoration of the Jewish Cemeteries in Austria.