Jewish Cemetery Zwettl
The Jewish cemetery in Zwettl was established in 1882 on the slope of the so-called Galgenberg and is adjacent to the Zwettl-Syrnau cemetery. The Jewish residents of Zwettl belonged to the Jewish Community of Waidhofen an der Thaya. Just a few gravestones and the cemetery caretaker's house have survived. The shape of the arch of the entrance gate is particularly striking. The cemetery is kept locked, the key can be obtained from the local municipal offices.
Schillerstraße (neben Nr. 15), 3910 Zwettl, Lower Austria | show on map
KG 24392, EZ 610, GSt .377, TZ 874/2009, protected monument
KG 24392, EZ 610, GSt 1259/1, TZ 874/2009, protected monument
Area in m²
Jewish Community Vienna
The owner of this cemetery has not filed an application to receive a subsidy from the Fund for the Restoration of the Jewish Cemeteries in Austria.