Jewish Cemetery Eisenstadt alt
Eisenstadt’s older Jewish cemetery was in use from 1679 to 1875. A record of the gravestones and their inscriptions was made as early as 1922 by Bernhard Wachstein, the Library Director at the Jewish Community Vienna. Today the cemetery still contains around 1,100 gravestones. The Jewish Museum in Eisenstadt has compiled an index of names of the people buried at the cemetery. The cemetery is kept locked, the key is held by the Eisenstadt Jewish Museum.
Wertheimergasse (bei Nr. 10), 7000 Eisenstadt, Burgenland | show on map
KG 30005, EZ 9, GSt 22/2, TZ 2622/2010, protected monument
KG 30005, EZ 9, GSt 22/4, TZ 2622/2010, protected monument
Area in m²
Jewish Community Vienna
The owner of this cemetery has not filed an application to receive a subsidy from the Fund for the Restoration of the Jewish Cemeteries in Austria.