Jewish Cemetery Hohenau
Prior to the establishment of this cemetery in 1879, the Jewish community had buried their dead in Slovakia. In 1920 the grounds of the cemetery were expanded. The 96 surviving headstones have, in part, been restored; 124 people are buried here. The cemetery is not secured and is freely accessible to the public.
Zwischen Falkengasse und Wachtelgasse ohne Nummer, 2273 Hohenau, Lower Austria |
show on map
2011/2003, protected monument
Area in m²
Jewish Community Vienna
© Fund for the Restoration of the Jewish Cemeteries in Austria