Jewish Cemetery Rechnitz
The cemetery was established in 1682 and repeatedly enlarged over the course of time. A stone wall was built in around1830. During the Nazi era the cemetery was looted and many of its gravestones were sold. Around 190 gravestones have been preserved. The cemetery is kept locked, the key can be obtained from the local municipal office.
Herrengasse (zwischen 38a und 40a), 7471 Rechnitz, Burgenland |
show on map
3588/2002, protected monument
Area in m²
Jewish Community Vienna
The owner of this cemetery has not filed an application to receive a subsidy from the Fund for the Restoration of the Jewish Cemeteries in Austria.